Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Day number 60!!!!!

Edit...
-----------------------------------------------------
Man, it is hillarious how fast my day changes... I feel much better than I did earlier, because I have gotten a few things done, due to some "in your face" action here in the office. It also seems I need a constant fire under my ass or I feel unworthy, depressed, and unmotivated. What can I do to fix this? Or how can God help me fix this? I hate being lazy, and need constant direction. I wonder what needs to be done to help give me what I need in this business environment.
------------------------------------------------------
Earlier in the day....

60 days! Wow! It is amazing that God has given me this! I don't know how I have managed to stay sober, but surely it is because of God, and his love for me. Surely without him, I would not be sober today.

Some days are just so hard and stressful that it amazes me that I stay sober through it. Other days are so full of joy that I utterly try to hang on to that peacefulness until I fall asleep. Today is more of an inbetweener. On my 60th day, I'd like to just talk about what the recurring issue is in my life. No it's not women, money, or prestige. It is simply: work.

Work seems to be the recurring issue and theme in all of my posts dating back to November of last year and beyond. I have been unhappy with what I do for a living since almost a year after college, or about 2 and a half years ago. I left my last job during a heavy part of my drinking, and God gave me another opportunity to work in the same industry with a much better boss. I thought "Maybe it wasn't the job, maybe it was the boss." Well, clearly the boss had something to do with it, but primarily, it seems that the problem is with me. I am still prettty damn unhappy with my job. It's not every day, but every so often that these feelings surface. Its as if I have this problem which noone in the program seems to be able to help me with... although sometimes I wonder if I am just not listening as well as I should be. Also, I think I may be just ungrateful, and not living with God as I should. Like maybe I preach the program yet don't work it, and then place the blame on my job.

Maybe once again I am blaming my job for my restlessness and need to take some action, or maybe I am right to not like my job. How is one to know if it is God's will to stay or to go? Is God's will for me to be happy? Then surely if I am financially capable, I could try out different professions? I don't know, but people say not to change anything huge in the first year. So I will not do anything rash, and I will continue to try and pray to be useful to others at work and outside of work. I just can't help but wonder what my destiny is as far as work goes.

No matter how life is going, I don't have to pickup a drink for or over anything!

Today I am grateful for:

60 Sober days!
My two cute cats!
My family
Speaking of... gotta call my grand ma!
My job
My boss
My work
My house
My car
My job
My job
My sober
I am sober
My sobriety dammit! Totally grateful for my sobriety! Thank you for my sobriety!

2 comments:

  1. Hey a great big congrats on 60 days! It is no small feat putting those days together. I am USF alumni by the way. Haven't been back in a while.

    ReplyDelete