Friday, November 3, 2006

Day 62

What's bugging you today?

Me, well, I am trying to figure out how to let this girl go without hurting her feelings. Ok, well, I guess I really am just trying to get up the damn courage to call her and to tell her I am just not interested. It would be so much easier to just not call her ever again, but then I run the risk of being a total ass, and running into her I am sure. Well, that's what is on my mind today. I feel so bad!! Jesus, why do I get myself into these situations. This is actually wrecking my damn serenity right now. Don't feel like working or anything. I haven't "done" anything sexual with this girl, so it shouldn't be a big deal... but I sense that she likes me way more then me her. So this sucks.... errrr hrmph.. I need to call her and just tell her.

Dammit!

Still trying to get the strenght to do the next right thing here.

Damn...

Need to focus on mty sobriety!

Today I am thankful:

For my cats
My job
My family
My mom
My brother
My sister
My dad
Everyone
Life
This beautiful day
My sobriety
My 63 days!
Today I am sober
Still sober!
I'm sober!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. In case you haven't heard (yet), the suggestion is that one NOT get into a relationship during the first year of sobriety. The reason is that you don't yet have the proper foundation laid that allows you to handle things like this. Also, a relationship takes away from what should be your #1 priority - sobriety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan. Yes, it's a difficult thing. But please keep in mind that she is a big girl, and it is her responsibility to understand that you are entitled to your choices...without having to feel guilty or ashamed.

    In fact, you shouldn't have to defend or justify your choices. They just ARE. (That's what my sponsor is always reminding me.) Just handle your side of it without trying to emotionally take on her side of it at the same time. Easy does it. And I commend you for not leaving her hanging. You are doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete