Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day number 80!

Day number 80!

Yesterday, I must say, I had a pretty darn good day. I went home after work, made some food and watched the boob tube. I started feeling slightly off, and almost felt like just going to sleep.

Instead, I went to a meeting, which had been moved to another church do to fumigating, or something to that effect.

Then I went to the starbucks, after the meeting and hung out with some other AAs. I had not called anyone to meet me up there, but felt like I needed to stay out of my house, and around people. So when I showed up at the "buck", low and behold.. .there was Mark, chilling outside. He doesn't even live over here, so that was def my HP working for me. After a while, Jeff showed up, and then Megan, and then Jen, and then Theo! My god! All of these people! My night was truly blessed. That is pretty much my post for the day!

I must say, Megan was looking quite fine. Although I know I am only sober 80 days, I can't help but think about the possibility.... I could tell she was into me, but that naturally changed when she heard I only had 80 days. Just a small change in her demeanor, a small change in her body language. Very interesting, but not unexpected.

Not that I should be dating anyone anywhooo, you all know how that goes. I couldn't help but just feel really good about myself last night, socializing and hanging out. Girls interested in me and all that. Although nothing will come of it, as that would probably go against her program and mine. I just was glad I didn't stay home, and would like to continue trying to hang out with people after work, rather than my lonesome.

It is very hard for me to get out after hours, as I love my home and my loner-self. I need to take my sponsor's advice, and try to enjoy the people in this program. I can not do that if I am always at home, work, or in-between.

Laters!!

Today I am grateful:

For thanksgiving coming up so quick!
I will see my dad in 1 day!
California dreaming!
Our trip tomorrow!
AA in California!
My friends in AA
My friends in AA
My job
My cats
My mom
My sister
My brother
My dad
My family
Today

3 comments:

  1. HA HA! I swear I saw your cat's picture on Flicker. Or did you nab the cat from Flicker? Either way, keep on trudging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, no, she is my baby. I should post more pics on here... may make the blog more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhh...
    Around the world in 80 days!

    My post tomorrow will have a bit about dating. You might want to give it a look.
    Nice post. thanks.

    ReplyDelete