Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day numero 75!

Just a quick update this morning.

Today I have 75 days!! So thats almost 11 weeks! Very cool, sometimes even scary. I don't want to drink, and know I don't ever have to, but every now and then I get a thought or an image, the obsession lurks behind every corner!

I imagine only an alcoholic could possibly know what I am talking about.

Any how, today is a good day. I feel a little peeved because I need to read a chapter in the Big Book, and do some questions for my big book study tonight... but I don't have any damn time to do it! Well, I could probably steal away for an hour at work today to do it or just do it before Tang So Do tonight, regardless, I meant to get it all done last night, but ended up staying in and messing around on the computer, watching tv, and reading...

I know, I know, I am suffering now because I was lazy and didn't do it yesterday. Funny thing though, I don't think suffering is the right word. I think I am just over-analysing the situation as usual. It takes less than an hour to get caught up in the big book study. No sense in being to hard on myself! I actually enjoy doing the work too, so it's not like it's a chore. I do it because I want to do it. And every time, every week, I grow a little more. Just wish I did it last night is all.

Busy today at work. Very busy. Project Management sucks a big one, but I think that is good, because when I am idle, my mind becomes a big cluster f-ck, and my thinking tends to go to the insanity.

Today I am grateful:

For my car
My house
My two pertty little kitt cats
My job
My job
My job
AA
My friends in AA
My friends outside of AA
My mom
My family
Everything!!!

5 comments:

  1. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP STRONG AND WITH THE LORD YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS. I DO NOT KNOW YOU; I KNOW THAT I HAVE A NEPHEW THAT WA ATTENDING AA AND NA MEETINGS BUT BEFORE HE MADE THE WISE DECISION TO GET HIS LIFE TOGETHER HE HAD ALREADY MESSED IT UP BEYOND REPAIR. HE IS NOT SPENDING 10 YEARS IN THE STATE PEN AND I JUST LIKE TO SEND MY WISHED IN A FULL RECOVERY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about this ...

    Maybe Project Management doesn't suck a big one.
    When I use negative words, terms or phrases, I tend to think of things in a negative way. Even when I don't mean to think of them that way.
    If I say that Project Management is a good thing, maybe, just maybe, I'll enjoy it.

    i'm just sayin' ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for 75 days! i'm VERY happy for you!
    keep on keepin on..

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaahh nothing liek the 75 day mental cluster f*ck! I am with you brother! Keep coming back, you're right where you're supposed to be, in the thick of things!
    peace to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM - I hear you on the insanity of the head thing - things sure spin fast behind my eyes!

    I've started meditating...ahhhh, the serenity in shutting off the noggin for a while

    ReplyDelete