Thursday, November 2, 2006

Of sloth and work... seven deadly sins

Maybe I should include a day counter so I don't have to keep typing it in as the subject... hmmm, maybe I will look that up.

Yesterday I shared with another alcoholic my feelings about work and such. He happened to be a psychaitrist, so that was cool. Basically it comes down to me and my ego. While at work, on shitty days, I live in self, and do not get out of it. The problem lies within, and only God can help to remove that. Daily, hourly and by the minute, at the office, I need to seperate myself from "the job", and do the job. My friend said the most important thing about work is seperating your self out of the equation and just doing the job. If you have a confrontation at the office, you remove your self from it, and react as the job requires. Usually I am cool with that, and do not react to any BS. My problem is that I am also lazy, and lazy because I am selfish. I must pray to have God help give me the willingness to do a good job, and to do my job to the best of my ability. So today, I pray, and tomorrow, and the next day.

I pray to God to give me the strength and the willingness to do my job.

Today I am GrAAteful

3 comments:

  1. REALLY great post...I'm going to try this as well. Serenity - nothing else like it, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that sounds like a cool psychaitrist! Great insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sloth.
    One of the 7 deadly sins.

    ReplyDelete