Sunday, December 7, 2008

Turn it off...

Just needed to turn off my brain temporarily! I have been studying quite a bit today and yesterday. It is very stressful!

So let's recount what went on this weekend. I went to the Friday nigh Bayshore With Room to Grow group at 8:15pm... it was nice. A good solid group of friends turned out, and it was super nice to see everybody again. It had been a good week or two due to the thanksgiving holidays. Afterword, we all went out to dinner and ate some sushi till about 10:30ish.

It was mostly us guys plus one girly girl, whom I have known for a few years. We had a blast! I didn't eat, but did order two large waters to rehydrate after drinking a bunch of coffee at the "bucks" up off Hillsborough Ave. It was awesome to hang out with the guys, as usual.

On Saturday, the studying continued. I had breakfeast with yet another friend at Pinky's restaurant on Bay to Bay. That was uber cool, as usual. I did tons more studying for the rest of the day, and then went to my commitment (for the last two+ years), to set up the saturday night fever meeting. We have to get there a good hour and fifteen minutes early to set it up. It is my favorite meeting of the week. I do not ever fore-see me not doing service there. It keeps me plugged in to the group, just like all the other meetings.

We went out to 220 down there on Davis Island after that. It was a good turn out, with 2 tables! I got invited to hang out with Max afterwords and hang out his brother's art gallery for a bit. I helped him break down everything and put some furniture away because it was late and they were closing down shop. I was grateful to be able to spend time with Max, and also his brother. I think that they are cool dudes.

At that point, I went home and went to sleep! Today I studied for 4 hours in the morning at Borders book store off Dale Mabry... nothing exciting about that. I went to work out for an hour break, then I heard that our Professor was having office hours today at 2:00pm, so I am at the library typing this so I can go talk to him!

Exciting life eh?

No complaints today. I gotta study some more... trying to keep in the moment and be well!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment