Sunday, December 14, 2008

Of Mice and Men

Random title... has no meaning here. Theoretically it could refer to our human existance and what it means to be a part of humanity. How little we leave behind but how meaningful our existance is... Read the book if you are scratching your head.

I had breakfeast this morning with a good friend. I think friends are important in our lives. Friends that really truly look out for your best interests, selflessly. Key word: selfless. Not selfish. I have no time for selfishness.

Ok, so selfishness in its self is not really a bad thing all the time. I selfishly look out for myself alot. I go to meetings selfishly. I go for me, not you. Sometimes I will go to a meeting specifically to meet someone who asked to hang out. That is a mix of selfless and selfish. I go for you, but I am really there for me... deep down anyway. Ah... interesting life we live. I think today we will do dinner. I shall call some folks and see about it anyway.

Time to get off my ass and go do something!! I hate sitting around my house... how lame is that? I use to sit on my couch and watch alot of tv. I use to spend a lot of time at home. I use to not go to a lot of meetings. I relapsed often. I have no business sitting around doing nothing. Ok, unless its quality me time. But seriously... I need about 1 hour of me time, and that is it. Anymore than that and I am being a selfish, foolish, self-defeating, wallowing in self-pity, douche bag. LOL Thank god my lifestyle has changed since way back when... man, funny how you change when you TRULY get sober.

Today I am grateful...

Jonathan

1 comment: