Saturday, December 13, 2008

Great evening!

I had a grand time tonight at the party. My friend Megan invited me to come over to her christmas party! I quickly observed who was drinking heavily and who was hardly drinking. Quite a few of the guys were completely tanked. Even though they were wasted, I totally found it slightly entertaining. I wasn't even that nervous. It turns out that her bf's grand parents know my ex-stepdad. We talked for a good hour or two about real estate development up in New Hampshire and in Tampa.

Crazy small world. Another guy there appearently manages one of our FAVORITE pizza places in hyde park. I told him I'd hit him up the next time we were there. Also, this other dude is a private investigator, and he totally knows my friend Chris!? Random.

So the guys were all hillarious, the girls were nice, and my friend was super cool as usual. She bought me some diet coke, so I was good for the evening. I really had a pleasant time. You know, back in the day, I use to feel like I didn't fit in, and drank because of it. Tonight, I didn't feel that way. I talked, I laughed, I got out of my head, I enjoyed the night. I left not wondering what everyone thought of me, but thinking of how nice of an evening it was.

These people were normal folks my age... mostly military, so you can imagine how drunk some of them got. Any whooo, fun night. I was tired and getting bored after watching them do the silly things drunks do, so I came home. And now I am going to sleep, happy to be a part of society rather than apart from!

Tonight I am grateful and Thankful

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment