Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One day at a time...

Thank you for my sobriety today. I am incredibly grateful to all my blogger peeps out there, who share with me how you do it. I am also grateful to all of those in AA in the Tampa Bay area... especially those few who helped me out through all of the relapses and early sobriety.

Today my computer somehow died on me. I am not sure how, but certainly now I have to troubleshoot it at some point. I think I will wait until after finals :). Luckily, I am a nerd at heart, and had a spare computer or two lieing around! :)

As I went throughout my day today, I tried to stay in conscious contact with that serene feeling, knowing that everything was going to be alright. I had very little worries, inspite of all of the pressure I am feeling at school. It's amazing how we can stay sober through this. It is as if the obsession has been removed. Lately, even more so than say... last week, I have been a.o.k. When I say ok, I mean devoid of restlessness, self-pity, worry, and other self-destructive thinking. I am in the zone. This too shall pass, I know. But I also know that all thoughts and feelings come and go. It is the nature of the mind. I feel like I am starting to get it, the more I feel the more I let go. And the answere is to keep on coming back, to keep on pushing the envelope of serenity and sobriety. To do those things we are told will make us better and keep us in God's hands.

God let me do your will today! Not mine, yours! Anything but mine! Let me do what you will have me do, and pray for what your will is, because that is the only thing I know of that will keep me sober, and serene.

Okie doke, so beside the above... I have an organic chemistry and biology lab final tomorrow! Fun stuff. I also have two lab reports which need to be finished... I plan on doing that in the morning. So good night and be good!

Thanks for reading my blog, blog-o-sphere friends, you help keep me sober!

Today I am grateful and thankful,

Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. Being in the zone is great -- unless it's the strike zone!

    ReplyDelete