Saturday, December 20, 2008

Granpa, you are sooo uplifting! Gee, thanks!

My grandfather has been dieing for the last 25 years. Every year, it is a pity part with him. He makes everything about him. Every time I leave here, he says "I hope I am still here next year..." :( "I won't be here long..." :( "poor me, poor me, woe is me, woe is me.... I have been through hell... I have been through hell. " Seriously... he is not dieing, just says he is.

He always twists everything into why he is gonna die and how his life sucks. He has been in pain I am sure... the doctors call it chronic pain. I don't believe them... He has been on opiates strong enough to kill a horse for the last 15 years. He use to drink too... alcoholicly, he had to quit due to health reasons. Anywhoo... he is basically 84 years old and will always be on these pills... he will also always be an angry bitter person... I understand this. It is sorta a joke in our family. We honestly have no idea how grandma can put up with his crap. He stretched me thin today. I do my best to ignore all of the negative crap.

My cousin got married today. On the way out of the house, I am not kidding, he looked at my other cousin Tim and I and said: "I hope I am dead by the time you get married". He was referring to how he didn't want to go to the wedding and how he is dieing... so I didn't take it personally. Lol, but man, isn't that just the most random comment! My cousin and I had a good laugh over that one.

Any whoo... that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment