Thursday, December 11, 2008

Serenity

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

My mind isn't working yet this morning. I think finals sapped it of most of its power. Lol. I am just sorta staring at the screen while my oil is getting changed. I am up at the Lexus dealer getting the 30,000 mile check-up thingy ma-bob. It is pouring down rain today in Tampa. I don't want to look outside mostly because it just looks nasty out.

I was thinking about going to see "Bolt" the movie.... it looks funny. I think my brain could use that today. I may not though. My mom said she wanted to have dinner today when she gets back from Miami.

I was reading the wall street journal thins morning. The status of our economy worries me. China even is shedding jobs with exports decreasing for the first time in 7 years. Apparently even their middle class is disappearing, sapping growth and eliminating prospects for millions of their countries poor. I read once that most revolutions in history occurred just after a period of growth. Primarily when a society is pulled out of poverty and then have their new-found wealth taken from them... Could that be happening in China?

Its like giving candy to a baby and then taking it away. People revolt. I am wondering if this may happen in China, India, Pakistan, or other places where growth has pulled people into the middle class. I still think living in America is the best place on the planet. No doubt about that. Any down turn we face is nothing compared to what third world countries will experience. We are spoiled here. I am grateful for that. (Not grateful for all of the world's poor, I mean, what can we do??)

Evolution, survival of the fittest... that pretty much sums it up for ya.

Fighting between two different populations in the same species occurs when resources are drawn thin, and each group seeks to protect its young and secure resources to survive. They will fight each other when in the same proximity and must compete. Life is like this across the planet in millions of different species. I think we forget sometimes as Americans that the human race is a species, and we are but one population. We need to look out for our population sometimes, and be wary of others... 7 Billion people on the planet, we are but maybe 5% of the total population.

This is why I don't think we should be so quick to try and appease the rest of the world. Screw them. Take care of America first.

I have nothing really super spiritual to say today. The coffee is starting to help wake me up.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment