Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day number 10!

I believe today is day numero 10... not that anyone is counting or anything! I am trying to do it one day at a time, and not think about how many days this or how many days that. I relapse every time I do that. I have prayed every morning and every night, even if just for 30 seconds... like this morning. I am trying to be happy with me as God made me... and of course I am looking for gratitude... daily!
One thing. I have been thinking, and this has been a recurring thing throughout my ENTIRE life, since I left Frederick Maryland in 1986. I have always wanted to move back to Baltimore, where my extended family is. Every christmas and summer, I spend my vacations going to B-town, because I just love my family, and want to see them. Ever since I left, when I was little, I always said to my self that I would move back after high school. Then I said I would move back after college... now, three years after college I have lost one of my grand parents... yet everyone else is still there in Baltimore... I am in Tampa Florida.

I came to Tampa to work for my Step-father and Mom, because they thought that would be best for me... not because I really liked Tampa... I was chasing the money. I know people say don't make any big changes, but this is something that I might not be able to wait for. If I wait, I feel like I will miss out on those Sunday dinners at my Dad's folk's house, or my Mom's folk's house. And of course my grand parents are only here for a short while longer. I also have uncles, aunts, and cousins I'd like to reconnect with. Mostly, I just want to live in Baltimore, because that is where my family is from and my parents dragged me away when I was little.

So, my question to you is: what shall I do? Stay here and not make any changes for a year, or sell my house, quit my job, and move up to Baltimore?

Peace....

5 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!!! TEN days -- that's AWESOME!! Hang in there, and keep doin' what you're doin'.

    Yeah, I don't have any advice on the moving thing. I will ask one question though:
    Are you running to something or running away from something? If you can't make things work where you are, you probably won't be able to make them work somewhere else just because it feels more comfortable to you. That's been my experience, anyway. Just my 2 cents worth. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice, don't make any big changes for a year. Thanks for your kind words on my Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy day 10, brother... I had to make a few biggies in my first year. But, I prayed alot about them, before I made them. I talked A TON with my sponsor and the people my decisions might affect. I tried very hard to get very very honest with myself, and check my motives for making the decisions... I went to a TON, TON, TON of meetings, and prayed a lot! Did I mention prayer?? If not, I think dAAve might have...

    Dude, hang in there, day at a time. It took us a long time to get this bent and twisted, don't put too much pressure on yourself to be all better by this weekend! At least, thats what they told me...

    peace to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanging in there! Thanks for the comments! Hopefully will give yall an update today!

    ReplyDelete