Monday, September 18, 2006

Day 15!

Hello all! Today is day number 15! Half way to a month! Not that I am counting or anything....

So this weekend I got committed to doing an 18 week big book study where we meet once a week, read the entire book, and work the steps. Appearently you get homework and stuff... so that should be interesting!

So, today my little sister is supposed to finally leave. I feel bad, almost like I want her to stay, but I guess that is normal. Once she is gone, it will be just me in my house! Finally! I guess I am a little scared, but it is time for me to be on my own. I think my mom and sister being gone will help with my sobriety. For the last 4 months I have been almost getting this thing, only to relapse...

This last weekend my brother, sister, cousins, their 2 girl friends, and me all went kayaking at the Weeki Wachi Springs, and I saw 2 manatees!!! Not only that, my sister recorded it on video, and I touched one of em! It was cool. I have been before, but never saw manatees. I was a little in a bad mood because I didn't get to do what I wanted to do on Saturday... like stay in Tampa, read the paper in the morning, go to my morning meeting, see a movie... but it was well worth it. We were all majorly pooped by saturday afternoon. Then Sunday I finally did my thing. I slept till 11:00am on Sunday! So that was good...

I had a thought, I think I am obsessively eating out. Like not eating at home, ever, except for little snacks, I never cook dinner at home! And this costs me I, I think, about 300 bucks a month. Any thoughts about that? I was thinking about starting out simply by buying spagetti and easy to make things... but I need to cut back on the eating out.

Any how, I need to call my sponse and really work the program today. My work has suffered these last few weeks, and I have not been doing a good job. Today I will pray to God to help me do a good job at the office!

See yas!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1/2 month of sobriety!

    I have a hard time with eating out vs. cooking at home. I like to cook, but never can find the time and I hate going to the grocery store.

    I've been getting simple single-serving microwave meals. I bring them to work for lunch, and sometimes I'll have them for supper too...some examples are "Taste of Thai," "Bowl Apetite," Dinty Moore singles, Chef Boy-ar-dee, and Hamburger Helper singles.

    These aren't the best meals out there, but they are quick, easy, and a little better for me than going to Burger King. Plus, portion control is done for me...no need to worry about over-eating! (Probably more an issue for me than for you)

    Anywho, I hope you can start to find some happy mediums in your life. It's cool that you're going to that Big Book workshop thing!

    Brad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you think too much.

    Maybe eating out for you is a form of recreation, and that could be a good thing. You've said before that if you're at home alone too much, that's when you're tempted to drink. So maybe for now, the eating out is part of what you need to do to stay sober.

    Just a thought.

    Oh! And, congratulations on 15 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book study can be one of the best things you may ever do. Give it all you have.

    ReplyDelete