Friday, September 22, 2006

Day 19!

Wow! 19 days sober! I must admit, I can feel my self slowly slipping into my own will. I don't feel much like going to a meeting tonight. Luckily I have a coffee commitment, so I must show up.

I am starting to think my sponsor is no longer right for me... as a matter of fact, I don't think he has enough time in the program, because he just did something odd. He stopped going to all of the meetings he use to and stopped hanging out with all the people he use to. Plus, I don't think I have actually sat down and talked face to face with him in about 2 weeks. Shouldn't sponsors and sponsees get together atleast once a week? I feel like the connection is lost between us... maybe I should get a new sponsor? We don't go to the same meetings or anything together... maybe it's me in my own will???! I have no clue... he did just get a girl friend and has been overly obsessed with her. I think that might have alot to do with it. Oh well. I will give him a call and see what is going on.

As far as the work thing goes... I am still here, still have a job. I have started studying for that math test... I need to go buy a few math books. I figure if I study, and find I love what I am studying, there could be something there for me in the future... We shall see.

6 comments:

  1. Dude, you are SO close to day 30! Hang in there. You are doing GREAT! Today is Day 14 for me, so I'm not quite half-way there (but, almost!).

    I'm not sure what to say about your sponsor. Sometimes I get the feeling that the responsibility for making the contact is totally on us, but since I HAVE NO SPONSOR YET *wince*, I'll leave it up to those with more experience to advise you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man 19 days is so cool! I'm not sure what to tell you about your sponsor either. As a sponsee, it is your job to call. Give him a call and see.

    Bye the way, I don't necesarily do face to face meetings with sponsee every week. It all depends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 19 days! Actually, today would be Day 21 for you. WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope no one feels like I am intruding...

    I am from latin origin and was brought up with a sense of community and solidarity with neighbors and specially with family.

    Friends help, chat helps,internet info on drinking helps. No questions about it.

    Sometimes it is difficult to imagine how people in other places (or in my own) can shut from groups leading to great great great great depresion and bitterness and violence.

    People should try more to connect spiritualy and revive their sense of community within them (or try to eliminate such feelings)

    So get busy in a help organization and probably your self -worries are going to switch off to others.
    Hope this helps.
    Oh, and by the way, my name is Rotcel Caballero
    I am from Puerto Rico and I say no to violence.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, as soon ass I read "I am starting to think..." I knew we had trouble!

    Ok, enuff old timer BS AA humor. It's good that you're looking at things and evaluating. Sometimes, it doesn't work for some folks as sponsor/sponsee. Talk with someone about it, no major decisions with out guidance, I say!

    Thanks for sharing your recovery with us, I really love reading your stuff man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get a hold of your sponsor?

    ReplyDelete