Thursday, November 13, 2008

One day at a time

One day at a time. Seems to work for me. Sometimes it is more like one hour at a time, getting through something which I may be "grasping" on to. Today, there was very little grasping, and more acceptance.

Faith without works is dead... I have faith today. But... I also have works. This week I have been very active in the groups, and reaching out to other alcoholics. My sponsor is huge on helping others. I wish, in this respect, I was more like him! I think the seventh step prayer from the big book is applicable here:

"My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen "

Thy will be done... Man, I am just gonna go ahead and qoute the Third Step Prayer from the Big Book of AA!

"God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
May I do Thy will always!"

The third step prayer to me, means acceptance! Accepting God's plan, not Jonathan's plan! God's plan is for me to do his will, and his way of life. Not mine.

Any how, not really sure why I am qouting the big book today, just wanted to throw thoughs out there for anyone who is looking for them! On another note, how about those Alabama Crimson Tide??! Can I get a Roll Tide? We are finally number one and have a shot for the big one this year. It's about time. I haven't been back to Tuscaloosa in a number of years... I miss that school man.

Soooo, good night my friends! Hope everybody is well, enjoy the light of the day!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment