Saturday, November 22, 2008

Almost Thanksgiving...

Almost Thanksgiving...



I totally wanted to hang out some more tonight, because I really enjoyed myself, and I wanted to chat some more with a certain girl. But... a few of the folks were going to watch a band in a bar. I totally would have gone, but had no cash to pay the door dude. But that's not the point. I also don't like bars very much, so I was kinda luke-warm to the idea anyways... you know, I am an alcoholic, and the LAST place I need to be is in a bar trying to fit in. I am sorry I missed out in hanging out, it probably was fun... But still, bar+Jonathan=bad. I will only go so far when trying to talk to a girl, even if she does have a nice ass ;).

Time seems to fly by now, since getting sober, faster and faster... zooming along. I remember this time last year like it was yesterday! It's funny, going to California every year for thanksgiving, it's like a barometer which we can use to measure the years passing by. Last year at this time I was planning to go back to school. I had a roommate, Lindsay, who has since moved out. I was sober then, as I am still sober today. One major difference that I think we can clearly see is that I am happier now than I was back then.

Today my life is packed with all sorts of good things, it seems to keep getting better. Ah... as I leave out quite a bit of dramatic things I'd love to talk about, but can't because to many of my friends read this darn thing... ;)

I could just get really honest, and just put everything out there... couldn't I? Ah, that would be lovely. But no, I think not today. You know, it's about midnight now, which brings something to mind...



How about some Edgar Allen Poe? Yes, how about it...



Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore--
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door--
Only this and nothing more."







Here is me... in the ghetto right next to Edgar Allen Poe's house in Baltimore... it's actually just the place he stayed right before he died. Anywhoo... fun stuff.

Let's see... honesty. I am selfish in the extreme. I get lonely at times. Sometimes I put all of my self worth into a grade at school. Although I do get lonely and have the occasional bad day, it's very rare a far between, and I have AA to thank. I am a dork. I enjoy hanging out with other dorks. Screw you if you don't like nerds, geeks or dorks. We are cool. My cats are cute, screw you if you don't like cats. I just got a new 5x5x5 rubik's cube... yes, that is super cool, and you suck if you don't think so! I don't know what's up with the attitude tonight ;) don't take it personal.

Well, now my brain hurts, and I have a shit-load of studying to do tomorrow. Time for sleepy sleep. Good night folks, don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment