Monday, February 26, 2007

Day 176, still hate my job!

Ok, but I am not depressed about it... or wanting to shoot myself, or anything like that. Today is a good day, and I am simply going to enjoy the day.

I am going to enjoy the fact that I have a job and a pay check...

But... yes, always a but... I talked to my sponsor, and he told me "If you are suffering enough, you will change" or more to the point, basically that if my job is killing me, that I will change it when it gets bad enough. But my job doesn't really suck, I mean I think it's more me not being a good fit in the job... like I don't belong, no meaning...

That threw me off, cause he use to ask me to find my part in all this, and see where I can possibly work on me... since I was usually the problem... now I am confused. I have people telling me to work the program more, work on me, but also look for a job, and put myself out there more.

So, my thoughts are... maybe I do need to work on me, I do need to work the program like crazy, but also look for a job?? Ah well, I confuse the situation to all hell. Fact is I have a job, it's a good job, I don't like it so much, maybe I can find something I enjoy... end of story.

There are things I would like to try... teaching being one. A good way to start is substitute teaching, and then on to certification and a full time job. Problem with that is the money... I think I fear the change in salary. That is something that is really holding me back. I have a mortgage to pay that requires a certain amount per month, to pay it, and to take a cut in salary would require getting a roommate or moving. Plus teaching jobs don't really open up until the end of the school year... about 2 months away... so that is going to have to wait regardless of what I do.

So I guess I am in fear about it... fear of change... fear of losing prestige, fear of what people think or expect in me... damn fear!

A job is such a huge part of our week, should we not enjoy what we do? Why stay in a job just for money?? I know I can live on half of what I make, but that requires a big change. How do I know if I should make the change or not... am I just hoping others will make up my mind for me??? Is this more co-dependent behavior I so despise?! Ha! Can you tell I am an alcoholic?

Regardless, if you have read this far... I feel very serene today. Not much going on in the office, it is Monday, and people seem to not be busy, or not here. I hope I feel this good throughout the day... I heard alot of good stuff this weekend in meetings, and really want to apply some to my daily routine...

Just gotta stay in the now and be grateful... today is a great day. Enjoy today!

Peace...

4 comments:

  1. hundred forms of fear often keep me stuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!
    Kenny (Recovery Road) wants to know why you haven't come to visit him in the eye hospital with doughnuts and stuff..
    I think he's starting to get a bit grumpy! You know what GUYS are like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hace you tried meditation? Often we ask our HP for guidence but foget to listen . . . the answers will come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes the externals need fiixng, sometimes the internals, sometimes both. there is no 'rule' as such. stuff like this should be decided on a case by case basis, dependent on the person you are dealng with. ask your sponsor for clarifictaion if you have not fully understood what he means by what he has said. Easy! If you don't ask, you don't find out!

    ReplyDelete