Friday, February 23, 2007

Day 173! Despair and Depression!

Well, today marks a week before I pick up my 6 month chip! Yea me!

On to a serious matter, and I would love some input, although I realize you may not have all of the facts in the matter. Usually when I get to the office, the despair and depression doesn't hit till later in the day around 3:00ish... today, it hit like the second I got in, or even before when I was drinking coffee at panerra, reading the paper.

I feel like this: I am depressed. I hate my job. I feel like I do not belong here. I do not enjoy what I do. I feel like my boss has me doing two things, neither of which I get done... mostly because I lack any motivation. I do not like the industry I work in, I actualy kinda sorta despise it, and have for over 2 years... I feel despair, almost like crying, right now, sitting at my desk. This is how I feel, daily.

I get paid good enough that anything new that I do would probably mean a 25% - 50% cut in salary....

Just wanted to put that out there, I feel like I am about to self destruct, and would prefer not to. Everyday I dream of putting in my 2 weeks notice... but don't, because I would have no job to go to..

Any whoo, feels good just putting that out there.

Thanks for reading.

Jonathan

4 comments:

  1. this morning talking to my sponsor she said to do the footwork and see what comes out on top.

    I have taken those cuts in salary at times in my career so I could work on me or work on what I love

    God provides Jonathan. I have to keep trusting Him to have me wher He wants me to be

    Yaknow another thing I've found is that when I do the actions to be happy where I am instead of where I think I should be or could be or or or then I find myself less depressed

    love you
    sorry long winded today
    I don't have answers for you but other bloggers might

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read your first entry. I did a search on "hate my job" and found you. I am not a recovering alcoholic but I hate my job to the point of tears as well. I take it and take it and take it. I nearly quit today but decided that I had to pay the mortgage. Until this point I have been too proud to admit how much my job sucks. Because it is "what I always wanted to do" I feel like anything else is a cop out and have not been able to admit to friends that I need to get out of it. Today I started making phone calls. The very few connections I have listened and promised to put in a phone call here and there for me. At least I have hope and with hope I was finally able to stand up to my boss and tell him what I really think. You know what? You have made it through 173 days without alcohol. You can make it through this. Put the word out. Call everyone you know and tell them you need help in redirecting your life. It will help you feel more confident. You will find something else. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can only advise on a case by case basis depedendent on individual circumstances and there is not enough info here on your situation. I have sponsored people who HATED their job before step 9 and feel very different after. they are no longer 'at the mercy' of their resentments, regardless of what the job entails. it is possible to find a reason to hate just about ANY job, if you set your mind to it. anyway. you could be right, you could be wrong. who knows. really, you should have had this clarified with your sponsor. if you are REALLY stuck i would see what I could do in a 30min phone call as it costs next to nothinf to call the us what with skype and all that. you have my email, so the offers there if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere I heard that nothing changes unless it changes.
    That can mean different things to different people.

    ReplyDelete