Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 170!!!

Day 170!!

Interesting, I was just surfing around on the internet, and found tons of people just like me! Specifically, I was looking for more guidance on my work situation, depression, motivation, and those sorts of things. So I find it not too surprising that out there, people, non-alcoholic or alcoholic, seem to experience the exact same things I do when it relates to my career...

Lol, that is funny... like I actually expected to be alone and different?

So anywhoooo, I am at the office and not doing too much work at the moment. Earlier in the day I was trudging, and I mean trudging through a stack of bills. I read an article about motivation, and it said you need to just do it... cause otherwise you'd just sit there and tell your self all those "Why can't I..." questions. Once you start doing, you can actually then look back at what you did and feel good about it, or objectively say "that sucks"... or what ever. Point is, you gotta do, you can't just sit around like I do sometimes and be a slothful ass... cause that is a downward spiraling scenerio if you let it happen...

So I did, and felt pretty good. Unfortunetly, that stack of bills is now gone, and finished. I had a few phone calls to make a second ago, but now am kinda sorta idle. My boss is in a meeting, but even if he were out and about, I'd probably still not have much to do....

At lunch, OMG, I was sitting down at a table, and 3 people came and sat down next to me. All three of them, turns out, were training to be substitute teachers. Can you believe that? Is that God talking, saying "Hey you! Yea you! Go try it out, and see if you like it!" That's kinda what I got out of it any way. I talked to them a bit and listened... I think now more than ever I'd like to give it a shot. The problem is my high paying job pays the bills, and substitue teaching wouldn't even pay half of my bills... oh well. Not like tenure would pay much more... hmmm. Any whoo, I am trying not to take too much control, but seriously, work takes up half of my life, and I am not happy. Should I not try to find something else? I have never been much for corporate office environments....

Ok, end rant.

Today I am grateful for:

My house
My cats
My family
My brother and his soon to be child
My friends
AA
My AA friends for hanging out with me...
My sponsor
My kitty cats are so cute
My journal at home
My health
Being single... ok, that one kinda sucks, but I can see how I should be grateful and not dwell on it.
My life

3 comments:

  1. you are unique!

    How did you like student teaching? Maybe you already wrote about that--- how come you strayed from that dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are unique!

    How did you like student teaching? Maybe you already wrote about that--- how come you strayed from that dream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cats have nothing on my cats. ;-)

    T.K.
    My blog: http://www.sobertoday.org

    ReplyDelete