Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day 171! People going out and stuff...

Man,

Do you guys ever like get excited about people not showing up at meetings, or not posting to their blogs??? Like, kinda wonder "What's going on with so-and-so, I haven't seen her in a week or two..." and things like that? I kinda do, and I don't know really why, but I was just doing that two seconds ago... like two blogs I follow daily, and always have... the persons writing the blogs just kinda "dropped" off the planet... no posts in like 3 weeks. No warnings, just gone.... makes me wonder where they went!!!! And I do care, I want to make sure they are A.O.K!

I can't help but wonder...

And, when it's in the rooms, or someone I know personally... it's even more like wanna know, gotta find out what's going on with that person... weird. It's like if you know someone is on shaky ground, and they disappear, I want to know why they went out, and if they did, sometimes I feel good that I haven't gone out or what not....

I am rambling... (have a sugar/coffee buzz from starbucks... ;)

My point is, I like talking to people, checking in, wondering about people, basically being a social being. Sometimes I feel bad for taking an interest in how people are doing if they relapsed, or even talking about those folks with others... but isn't that our nature? To talk, to connect with others, and try to help?

When people go back out, I try to give my two cents in the most non-direct way... most of the times, the people listening who relapsed are like "Yea I know, but I am different" or "Yea I see what your saying but...". It is kinda fun to hear how people think and stuff, I am probably the same way, cause we all know I am different and you don't know anything about me. LOL, that is a joke, but you get the point right?

Any whoooo, I am so glad to be sober, and can't believe I am almost up to 6 months!!! SO cool.

Today I am grateful...
For Ted inviting me out to dinner tonight, to celebrate his divorce... sober.
For my friends
Family
kitty cats
And AA

4 comments:

  1. I too wonder about those who seem to disappear. And I am grateful when they reappear if they do. I am aslo grateful for those who are consistent in meetings or blogs. Happy to see YOU here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is normal to be concerned. LOTS of people DON"T make it. its sad, but you are powerless over them, so just get your OWN sobriety right. thats enough to keep you busy for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so who's the other person? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God you have the capacity to be concerned about others. I am so grateful for the people who care about me... and I worry about people too when they drop off the face of the earth. I am grateful that I care because for many years other people meant nothing to me.

    ReplyDelete