Thursday, March 1, 2007

Day 179! I am getting the boot!

Be careful what you wish for! I just got the notice from my boss, yes he does not feel I am right for the job, and will be letting me go in about 4 weeks. He was giving me a "warning" but basically said "Your not happy here, your not a right fit for the job we have you doing, and your original job pretty much does not exist"... so go get another job. Usually they don't tell people, they just fire 'em... but he likes me so I think he is giving me this time to find something else.

So... first: Get roommate to help pay the mortgage.
Second: Sign up for substitute teaching (already done)
Third: Keep on looking for jobs!

At first I was a bit devastated, I did not really expect that to happen... plus I almost busted out crying in his office... but it did, or is happening, and I feel a sense of relief... however, I also sense fear and wowness... like it hasn't sunk in yet... a little overwhelming with all the things I now, really have to do...

So, I went to a meeting last night, that was my first priority... and even though I only had 158 days, I picked up the 6 month chip cause my sponsor was at the meeting. So, I am celebrating 6 months, and the job loss.

Good stuff.

I don't really feel like drinking about it, even though I am scared and in some fear. This program seems to be working, and I realize that this is really just a blessing in disquise. We all know I have not been happy with my job. Today, I get the opportunity to find a new job in a new field, and new beginnings.

I think I will stay sober one more day at a time.

Peace...

Today I am grateful:

For my job
My family
My friends
My boss
My AA
My sobriety
My kitty cats
Tampa Florida
You guys

5 comments:

  1. Ah bless. You will find something. :) Just put in the footwork and let go of the outcome. you paddle, god steers! I usually recommend a fairly undemanding job bfore step 9, just to sort of tread water. You can do anything you like after st 9 really..
    Try to think more about what you WANT in terms of a job instead of what you DON"T want, if possible. Meeitngs help you stay positive in the meantime. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah bless. You will find something. :) Just put in the footwork and let go of the outcome. you paddle, god steers! I usually recommend a fairly undemanding job bfore step 9, just to sort of tread water. You can do anything you like after st 9 really..
    Try to think more about what you WANT in terms of a job instead of what you DON"T want, if possible. Meeitngs help you stay positive in the meantime. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the slogan 'You MOVE TOWARDS, and BECOME LIKE, THAT WHICH YOU THINK ABOUT, whether it is good for you, or bad for you"
    I reckon its REALLY true! So be very careful what you think about!!
    Its a good reason to stay positive if nothing else!
    Dwell on what you WANT as opposed to what you DON"T want, and it will (hopefully) become more appparent in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it will be so exciting to see where God takes you and what the next employment adventure will be

    yes, be careful what you ask for---your God blesses you with answered prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you heard of the Fools Prayer? Good for us newbies.

    When you really don't know what god's will is, ask him to close all doors but the one we are supposed to go through.

    Looks like god opened a door for ya! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete