Monday, March 12, 2007

Aghh... work + losing job = What a drag!

Day number 190.

Just reporting in for the day. As far as my day goes, it's a bit depressing... motivation is at an ultra low... I mean, I am losing my job, but still have to try to work. It's even harder than before to go through the motions!

On a much brighter note, I go home in 30 minutes! Also, I had a girl in the program call me last night, which was interesting. She is new, with less than 30 days. It seems she is latching on to me... not in any sexual way either! She came to a meeting about 2 weeks ago, where I was making coffee, and was there early. It was just her and me. I introduced myself, and she her self. I found out she was new, and never been to AA before. My initial thoughts were: ok, get her to meet people, and women in the program... while telling her my story.

So I did my best, introducing her to people and trying to get her to connect with others. It actually drew me out of my shell: "He John, you know so-and-so yet?" She thought I was a social butterfly, when in fact, I am not, and am only trying to help her out!

I could sense her uneasiness around others, but kept on trying, and finally she actually asked a girl to be her sponsor! I was all excited... I gave her my number and told her to call any time.

Well, this is the first time a new comer has actually listened and/or connected with anything I was saying. So that is cool, I feel kinda good about it. I don't try to tell her what to do or anything, I just tell her how it is/was for me. Maybe she will make it, I hope so, it's nice to expand our little group of friends, ya know? But so sad when one leaves.

That's all I got for now folks!

So glad to be sober today!

Peace

5 comments:

  1. I must always remember that my primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
    Thanks for reminding me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Being there early and passing it on like it was given to you---

    I remember how it was just drudgery to be at a job I knew I was leaving. Buck up! God had awesome plans ahad for you, I just know it

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and Jonathan, I'm so happy there are people like you and other sober bloggers so AA stays strong in case my younger son Nik ever is ready to find the rooms

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan, YOU are awesome!

    ReplyDelete