Friday, March 23, 2007

Sharing in meetings

201 Days of continuous sobriety.!!

Oh yea!

And to mark that 199th day, I did something extrordinary! Yes that's right, I shared at a meeting!! I did it without anyone telling me "hey you should share more" or anything like that. I remember my first sponsor kinda sorta tried that with me, and I revolted at it. However, today, I recognize that I need to share if I want to take this thing called sobriety to the next level!

So I was nervous, but shared, and the fear went away! Well, not completely away, but I was so excited about it, that I called my sponsor to tell him, and then I couldn't stop thinking about how I was going to share the next time. I did it again tonight! Both times on topic, and I tried my best to have a coherent line of thought... very cool. And people came up to talk to me afterword! Wow!

I love this program. ;)

Peace...

Jonathan

3 comments:

  1. Good for you brother! Sharing at meetings makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelllent progress!
    Keep up the good work young Jonathan!

    Isn't it GREAT not caring about "What will they think of ME?"..

    so much less emotionally exhausting! thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, good for you, opening up a bit, that's just great! I wish I would've been there to hear what you had to say! Also, stop my blog and see what you've been tagged with!! It's fun...

    ReplyDelete