Thursday, March 15, 2007

Decisions, decisions!!!

Day 193!

Made the decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of...

I have been trying my darnedest to figure out what the heck to do with myself. I have all these jobs I am looking at, 99% of which I won't even get an interview... I also have two job paths that I am seriously contemplating, each for completely different reasons, and each pretty easily attainable...

My mom suggested selling high end cars... she can hook me up at a dealership in the area. That idea has never occured to me, but now that I think about it, I really think it may be a good path to take, as I usually bitch and complain about sitting in an office all day. Talking to people, and staying out of my head is a must. So I imagine selling cars could be like that. Also, I imagine that having to sell another car to put food on the table, will be plenty motivation to go to work and get stuff done. On the other hand, I am terrified by the prospect of having to sell stuff to make a living... just never thought I could be a "salesman"... Maybe there is something to it... maybe... I won't know unless I try it out. Which brings me to the other career path: Teaching.

Teaching would mean less money than even the sales job... but I would be doing something I imagine I would enjoy... even though I am terrified by the prospect of standing in front of kids and instructing them in the ways of the world... terrified even more than the car-sales thing... But, the idea, and the challenge, and the nature of the work appeals to me...

So yea, two very different options I really think I am considering...

You know what? I won't figure this out unless I make a few phone calls to some dealerships, and schools, and talk to people in the field. I already have talked to some teachers and took the tests, so I know a bit about that... but the car sales thing, I need to atleast go talk to someone, and see if it might be a fit.

That would be leg-work... I think if I do the work, God will take care of me in the end...

PS -- It's funny, when I read what I just wrote... my situation doesn't seem so bad!

4 comments:

  1. I apply first and decide later usually.
    meaning. wait to see who actually OFFERS me a job. then decide. I can always say 'no thank you' to a job once it is offered.
    meaning you are not commited to a job just because you have applied to it.

    the only problem is if you might want the job later, but you piss them off because you come over all keen in the interview and then decline the offer. but its ok to do that if you don't accept the job and THEn decline it, as that means they dump out all the other applicants.
    but yeah, go speak to some anyway if you like,,

    keep trudgin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sponsor calls it footwork
    and yeah, the rrest is up to God

    I thought of selling cars for the same reason and haven't for the same reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are also passing all of this past your sponsor and those in your support group. They can offer suggestions that none of us can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes footwork! God is in charge remember.

    Word of warning however, my husband sold cars for a while. That is a tough business getting tougher. With the internet it is getting harder and harder to make a good living in that field.

    ReplyDelete