Friday, March 2, 2007

What do I want to do???!

Officially - Day 180!

Yea!

Ok, so now I need to think really hard about what I want to do. BTW, I am going to be interviewing potential roommates... I have one guy who is my age and an airline pilot. I figure that's a good start, but you never know, I will be calling him this weekend to see if we are a good fit.

What do I want to do? Good question. My friend Matt is a social worker, and has given me some sort of test to take, that he says he gives his clients/patients. I will probably get around to doing that tonight, as I am really struggling to figure out what I actually want to do. I don't think I have ever really been too happy, because I always took jobs, just to have a job... never really thought about what it was I wanted to do Please, any advice is welcome, I feel a bit lost. (thanks to those who have responded so far)

The options are pretty wide open, and I am willing to do about anything... I know I want to try teaching, so I am signed up to be a substitute teacher, and should have that ready to go by the time I am laid off. Other than that, I have no idea. Possibly some part time work somewhere? But that begs to ask, what kind of part time job? Where would I want to work? Geeze. I don't think I have ever really thought about it and gone after something. I guess the teaching thing is what I am focusing on. Yea, I am going to try for teaching. On the side, I may do some part time work, and maybe some entrapreneurial stuff. I like being my own boss... perhaps my own business is an option...

Any who, that is all for now. Thanks for the love, support, and suggestions. I will keep it simple regardless of what I do!

Peace..

4 comments:

  1. Allow me to be the first in the blogoshpere to congratulate you on your 6 mos, my friend!

    I went thru the loss of a job I loved/hated, about three years ago, and found myself (after 4 mos of unemployment) back in the mortgage industry... That led to where I am at now, running ym own mortgage broker office. It's scary, but it's good to be king. I aint making a damn dime right now, andI am scared to death, but I am out there giving it my best, trying, doing it on my own... And, it feels good. Now only if it would feel wealthy lol!!

    Anyhow, good luck on your adventure... I love the idea of trying out the teaching thing,I hope you enjoy that! I got ym degree in music ed and just taught again for the first time in like 13 yrs... it was scary as hell but felt great! And I dont think I scarred any of the kids.

    As for advice, Thank God you got some notice on the layoff... Pray, Pray, Pray, go to meetings, work your network...

    be at peace my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i recommend 'trading water' in employment terms, till you have a bit more time under you belt and have done step 9. I think teaching would be incredibly tough and not very well paid. I'm not sure about that.
    Guys who work as gym instructors, personal trainers, yoga teachers, kick boxing teachers, horse riding instructors and firemen get LOADS of female attention if that is a consideration!
    I think defer your choosing till a bit later. Go speak to a teacher in person as a way of researching that option. Visit a school and ask to speak to some staff about it. You seem intelliegent so I would say you could become a solicitor if you wanted to. Do you know any teachers? Anyway, aim to be helpful generally, do the footwork, and things should get clearer. hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others. Pray.
    Stop trying to figure it out (not one of the slogans) and as for God's Will.
    Have you considered going back to school?
    So many answers come at the 11th hour. Slow down. Don't panic. Pray go to meetings stick with the winners
    Pray

    ReplyDelete