Friday, December 1, 2006

Day 90!

Yea! Today I pick up my 90 day chip!

Recently I have found that at the office I have been extremely crazy and self-seeking, judging from previous posts and the help of you folks! So today I prayed quite a bit, asking God to remove my self seeking ways, and praying for him to take care of all of the things that I don't need to control although I'd like to.

Specifically, with work. Sometimes I don't agree with my boss, fear picking up the phone, or worst yet: fear this weekly Friday meeting with the Regional President!! Agghh!! Ok, it's not that bad. I asked God to help me out here, to take away my worries... and guess what? I actually worked my ass off today, and feel pretty darn confident of this meeting.

I am still scared shitless, but I am sure my HP will help me through it.

Today is 90 days, and I am grateful to have woken up sober today and to remain sober throughout the day and night! I am grateful for everything!

Like:

My cats
My house
My job
My family
My sobriety
My AA friends
My friends... in AA
And naturally, I am just happy to be alive!

Peace to you all

5 comments:

  1. Mucho CONGRATS on 90 days.
    Fantastic.
    By the way, Step 3 will get you through life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 90 days is freakin' AWESOME!! And, you sound great. You're growing soooo much, Jonathan. Thank you so much for your kind words and your empathy, and for your email, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. last nite I heard a speaker say
    how she is still afraid but she keeps her fear in tow while she does what she's afraid of anyway...

    courage is not the absence of fear
    its being afraid and doing it anyway

    Today I know my God provides all I need--and some days the willingness to accept it

    a big wow for 90 days, sure am rooting for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey-o,
    I had the hardest time trying to post a message to your blog! gahh!! oh well, at least i got here so that's all that matters

    Thank you for your note. The neverending support that I get from you all and folks in the fellowship can never be replaced. It's very comforting to know that there are people out there JUST LIKE ME who accept me for who I am.

    BTW - I got a few more comments/posts from your latest entry. Hee hee! I love attention~
    LOL

    Talk to you tomorrow.

    xoxo hippychick

    ReplyDelete