Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sober for 3 and a half months

Well today is day number 102!

I woke up late today, again, but that's ok! I woke up without a hang-over! Which is really fabulous news! I use to wake up late and blame my drinking, but man, I might have a "waking up problem"... or maybe I need to start hitting the sack before 12:00am!! For more insite on this, visit Brad's New Blog, he is attempting to get up earlier too for his new project!

Appearently the two ladies in charge may have a problem with sleeping too, what do you guys think?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also actually use to use alcohol as a way to go to sleep earlier and get up earlier, especially in college. Nothing like a few beers to take the edge off, and keep my mind from spinning out of control! I'm glad that I can fall asleep today without thinking about alcohol, and obsessing over it. It has been nearly 2 months since I have "had the urge" if you know what I mean.

You know what's great? I don't have to drink today. I don't want to drink today. And I feel pretty damn good about it. I have AA to thank. Thank you for the humility, thank you for the ego-deflation, thank you for being there for me, thank you to all my friends who have taken my phone call, thank you to you guys for being there and being blunt and to the point, thank you for everything!

Stop by and visit HippieChick... today I am grateful for:

Hippie chick, you are not alone!! Hippie Chick's Blog
My sister
My brother
My mom
My dad
The rest of the family
My friends
My AA friends
My blogger friends
My two kitty cats
My kick-ass car
My bad-ass town home
My health
Anybody I can help today

Peace...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on 100 plus 2 days. Whoooo-hoooo. Hang on tight.

    OMG I have some ladies too that have the same sleeping problem. As I rush to leave to work they are resting all plopped on the bed. The life of a cat, if only.

    I love your energy, keep on walking, you are on a brilliant path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list, my friend! I can really see your growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your list, Jonathan! And your furry babies are soooo cute!! If we sleep too late for Boots, he comes into our bedroom and starts clawing the underside of the boxsprings (which is REALLY loud and REALLY annoying, plus REALLY destructive). It works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete