Thursday, December 21, 2006

Day 109, oh yea!

I am going to be out of town from the 22nd to the 29th. I don't think I will have internet access. So everyone have a merry x-mas, and take care. I will be thinking about you!

Good news!

The oral doctor guy said I don't have a dry socket and that the pain is normal.

Any how, I am not going to be lazy anymore, slowly but surely I am getting back into the swing of things. I think today is the first day at work that my jaw isn't preoccupying my brain.

It's funny how in the past, I use to think I was not like you people, with my scattered thoughts and anxieties. Today I am grateful that I am learning to be happy with me as I am. For the longest time, I was a basket case, always thinking way to much. Because of AA, I don't think to much, and I am beginning to enjoy life. This Christmas will be the first sober christmas in a long time. Thank you for that!

I leave you with a poem from my favorite American pimp... ok not really a pimp.

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Eveningby Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

11 comments:

  1. Glad I found your blog...

    best wishes to you too!

    Sober is AWESOME!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem. Congrats on another day sober!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Yep, sobriety is a very cool thingin so many ways. and it just keeps getting better!!
    Welcome to the human race! We have so much in common really..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scattered thoughts & anxieties...nope you're not alone.

    I just started taking Wellbutrin for it. It literally feels like a faucet turns on in my head and floods my body with some kind of shakey nerve juice. Ya, I want to get rid of that LOL

    I hope you have a fantasic, safe holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course my first time stopping at your blog, you've already left, but Happy Holidays anyway, and hello, nice blog!

    Love Robert Frost. Congrats on your 109+ days. Sounds like you're on the right track - keep it up. Hope to see you sharing more Frost, or whatever else, here.

    Best wishes,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, I love Robert Frost,t hanks for sharing that, my friend. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas sir! Take care, and email me sometime smfloan@gmail.com

    glad you dont have dry sockets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed holiday. You will be in my prayers for safe travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. J-
    Your grin is priceless.

    Shoot, being sober is the greatest gift that not even Santa could leave under the tree.

    Thank you for your neverending blogger support you've given me. Let your mom and her ex go - remember "it's not in your own nose." (something I heard in AA). No controlling others, remember? I know it's hard to detach from people you love from the bottom of your heart. BUT - please remember that your sobriety is the gift here. Your second chance at life. Unfortunately I wish I could handle life and its shitty course, but my sponsor says it's progress not perfection.

    Let's continue to be a support for each other. We both need as much support we can get.

    Have a great holiday, and I'll be in touch soon.

    Love you!
    xoxo
    hippychick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whooo-Hooooo, happy and merry sober Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss you J!
    Hurry home. Have a happy and safe New Years!
    xoxo hippychick

    ReplyDelete