Monday, December 11, 2006

Day 100!!

100 days sober! Wow!

Appearently I have been tagged by many of you to do this list of 6 wierd things about me! Oh God no! You guys are going to find out more crazy things about me! Along with this list, I thought I'd post my first picture, crushing my anonymity. Enjoy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Wierd things about me: (Honestly, after thinking on this for quite a while, I think I am pretty normal!)

1) I am attracted to older women more than younger women
2) I enjoy eating lunch alone, with my news paper
3) I have always thought my left leg is slightly smaller then my right leg, even though I am probably just insane...
4) I use to have all of the star trek books... like over a hundred, and yes, I read them all
5) Did I mention I am trekkie?
6) I have a fear of answering the phone - (this one is a new one since I got sober)

I don't think I will tag anyone, seeing how all of you have been tagged already ;)

So, life is good. I had a great weekend, a little busy. I went to a "normy" party on Saturday at a friend's house. He was having a big poker game and gift exchange, so I showed up with my friend Kim, and we had a blast. I was there till about 10:00pm, and as you probably know, I really would have rather been out doing my thing. I let Kim show me a good time though, as I had promised her dinner that night. (Just a friend people! :) Any whooo, had dinner with her, my brother, and his girlfriend at a Korean Resteraunt, then went to the party.

There was drinking, but Kim is aware of my problem, and I felt spiritually fit, so I went and had fun! My friend Scott is an attorney, so him and his dorky buddies were there... fun stuff.

Saturday I decided I wanted to try to paint. So I went to the store, bought some acrylic paints, brushes, pallat, canvases, and an eisel! Then I was kinda nervous, not knowing what to do... and then I just got started and painted my very first painting. I never thought I had an artistic bone in me. In the past, I was always too busy for something like this... anyhow, my friend Jeff said I would probably try things like this, and discover new things about me in recovery. I really enjoyed painting. After finishing the thing, I hung it up on the wall, and then went a bought 4 more 20" x 24" canvases.... I am excited!! Here is the painting, my first crack at this... not sure if I want constructive critisism or what, but here it is!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

  1. SUPERB! SUPERB! SUPERB!
    I did the same thing. Except mine have all been using spray paint (so far). I've put out over 40 paintings, donating many to some AA fundraiser/auctions.
    Keepit up.
    (and I like your photo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100! Happy 100! Wishing you 100000000000's more happy joyous and free. And I think your painting is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to leave a comment 3 times now. I HATE Blogger beta!!!!!

    Sorry for the rant.

    What I've been TRYING to say is CONGRATULATIONS on 100 days!!!! You've got some major talent going on there, Jonathan! Keep nurturing it!

    (This is Designer Girl, not Boots. I had to use a different account to sign in)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very handsome smile. :) I love seeing people smile, it is oxygenating.

    Are you a Star Wars fan too? I am associated with many Star Wars loyalist. I love it.

    It is great to learn that you are experiencing a good time with others in your days of early sobriety. And I love that painting, it is from the heart, and there are no true rules to art. It is the expression of one self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are cute! Don't get excited over this comment though, I'm gay.
    Glad all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on the painting! Are you SURE it's your first one? Keep it up, dude. U have some talent there!
    Also, get with Sober Chick on your trekkie deal -- she's a trek nerd, too, big time!
    Love to see your smile.
    Peace,
    Scout

    ReplyDelete