Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Day 108 baby!

My lord, my mom just called and is talking to me about her ass-hole exhusband. It is very hard to listen to this. It is all about her and how her ex doesn't want her and only wants to hurt her. But, big surprise here, she has to go have dinner with him! Ha, to listen to him tell her how much he hates and despises her. To basically make her feel like shit. Um, hello, your getting a divorce, he hates you, why agree to meet him? She is hopeless.

Any how, through her whole schpeel, I basically say, "I am sure you will be ok" and "I am sure you will make the right choices".. and maybe one "If it were me, I would not have dinner with my ex."

Any how...


Today I am grateful:

That I don't have to drink today,
Or ever.
That I have a kick-ass job.
For my family
and friends
and kitty cats
and that damn pain in my jaw.

My kitty cat Hoshi got "tagged" by another kitty cat out there named Boots. Here is Hoshi's list, she typed it earlier this morning :)

1) I am long... my tail flops over my back and hangs in front of my head. I am a Maine Coon cat... hence my long body and tail.
2) I head-butt my human slave in the morning to get him out of bed... he just loves that!
3) I like to chase this little red dot that occasionally appears on the floor, walls, and ceiling. It's like it's really there but when I lunge at it, it disappears or moves real fast out of my way. Sometimes I wonder if it were just an illusion... Maybe this could be the mysterious laser creature the humans talk about?
4) I like to tackle my friend Keiko, she is twice my age, but I am twice her weight! She growls, hisses, and swipes her paw at me; I am sure because she loves me so much.
5) I think I am a dog, trapped in a cat's body, I will run to wherever my pet human goes just to be next to him.
6) I am the most softest, cutest, prettiest kitty cat alive!

Well, Hoshi typed that up, I swear... she's such a miss prissy. Any who, life is good. I am still struggling with the pain in my jaw, luckily tomorrow morning I get to go to the doctor for a follow up visit, and she will surely let me know if the pain is normal or not.

I need to get my ass to a meeting tonight, and try to get back into my normal routine as best I can. I am leaving on Friday to go to Baltimore for a week. I don't know if I am going to bring my laptop or not, but if you don't hear from me for a week, that is where I am. Not to worry, my family are not drinkers, and I think i am spiritually in a good place, so I do look forward to it.

Thursday night we have a big book study group meeting over at Jeff's house, so that will be essential, reporting in with all those guys before I leave. Jeff called yesterday, and that was a blessing, he just wanted to talk to get rid of some fear before doing part of his fourth step. That made me feel pretty darn good. Jeff has 19 years sober and is very spiritual, so when he calls to look for some inspiration from someone like me, that makes me feel good, ya know?

Well folks. That's all I got for today.

Peace...

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still have jaw pain, but otherwise, you sound GREAT!

    You're doing what you can for your Mom. All you can do is be real, supportive and honest, and you're doing that. You're not enabling her, and that's good.

    Hoshi's list is priceless! I love that she does the laser pointer thing and that she thinks she's a dog!! That's toooo funny!

    Have a great holiday, Jonathan! Love you, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Hoshi! You are one smokin' hot female feline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will get some good stuff at your Big Book study tonight, way to stick with the winners, and check in. If you can, try to hit a meeting in Baltimore. I love going to out of town meetings, it's just such a really kool thing... Do it if if ya can, not just to fend off the drink, but it's just a really, really great experience!

    Good for you, listening to your mom! Sometimes, all we can do is be there for those who are struggling with stuff.

    Hoshi sounds like a kewl kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be grateful that your Mom is providing you with such a valuable life lesson.
    Your cat types better than I do. Damnit!!

    ReplyDelete