Wednesday, October 18, 2006

On being overwhelmed

I seem to be a little overwhelmed at the moment... not really with work, but with the "after work life". I feel like I have taken on too much stuff and now think I need to rectify the situation. Well, actually, there really is nothing I can do about it. I have commitments to keep and things that I need to do this weekend. I need to just live in the moment and not think about all the things which I am committed to. I am just not use to having to do things and be accountable to others. Like Friday, I need to make coffee, but I also have to take care of my brother's dog, cause he is in a bind. Still gotta take care of the damn dog on Saturday, but have to take an exam which may be 4 hours long... then I told someone I'd go to the beach with them on Sunday.

It really aint that big of a deal. I just never ever ever ever make plans like this and now feel totally overwhelmed.

Well, that is all I have. I really need to just let go and let God.

God please help! I am grateful today for:

My job
My sobriety
My pet cats
My brother
My mom
My sister
My family
My friends
Laura
My coffee commitments
My dog commitment
My exam
Life in general
My job
My job
My sobriety
More sobriety
And more sobriety!!

Laters...

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, my friend.

    sober! sober! sober!

    Love and xoxo,
    Hippychick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commitments (structure) are good.
    Come Monday morning, you will most likely wonder why you were feeling so overwhelmed. Let life happen and you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete