Monday, August 28, 2006

Still sober!!!

Well,

Stupid question, I want a new sponsor... should I just go ahead and tell my current sponsor now, or should I ask someone first to be my sponsor and than tell my current sponsor?

I am a bit tired today, as it is nearly 5:00pm and I am just about ready to get out of here!! I decided to start sending resumes out to various companies and government agencies... should be interesting to see what happens. If I can land a federal job, I am going to take it... only if it is in Washington DC or Baltimore... any how, I might as well look for other opportunities since I know I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. Naturally, everyone in AA tells me to take it easy and not to do anything during the first 90 days. Well, it would take about 90 days to get an interview or job offer... so what the heck! I am going for it. I am tired of doing what everyone else wants (this job was my parents making...) now I am going to do what I need to do to be happy with my life.

Any how, I aint quitting or anything, and I am going to stay happy and do a good job... but I am looking!!

Everything else is generally good. I am still sober!!!! I will be picking up that month chip in a week or two!! But I am just going to focus on today and this evening.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I would have told you not to change anything for a year or at least through step five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it feels good to come to a decision, doesn't it?? All I can say is keep things in today (which it sounds like youre doing) and keep that sponsor close to you... keep sharing your stuff with outhers. Remember, if you're not talking with people you trust about your stuff, you're consulting with a brand new recovering alcoholic... would you ask someone who has less than amonth sober for advice about jobs, money, etc?? I didn't think so (wink wink). Since you didn't say much about why you want to "fire" your sponsor, it's tuff to have anything to say about that, man. Just don't go it alone, that's what got you in this mess!!

    peace and happy job hunting!

    ReplyDelete