Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Day number 1!

Howdy! Well, I have taken the first step to sobriety!!! I called my sponsor and told him about my relapse. I did not tell him about me drinking the last 4 months, but I told him about the last one, last night. I am sure over the next few days we will sit and talk about it, or probably not, he wants me to pick up a white chip and go to a meeting.
I have to be honest here, I may litterally be like 4 hours sober, but it sure feels good to be honest. Hell, I could have some alcohol in my system as I type this at the office... oh well.
I called Greg, and I was like "Dude, you were right, I am wrong. I drank last night and I am on my way into the office"
He said "Did you lose your job?"
I was like "No, that's the problem. I am a functioning drunk! I could probably drink everyday and make it into the office every morning."
He told me I could live my life that way, and be miserable for the rest of my life, and maybe it would never progress, but the point is, I wouldn't ever have God or be happy. And he is sooooo true.
Shit, one thing that kinda sucks... I have to go to a Board of County Commission meeting tonight at 6:00pm for my job... that could go a few hours, but after the meeting, my sponser says I need to get to a meeting to pick up a white chip. Well, that's all I got. Picking up a white chip, and yes once again I will try to do it any way but mine.
Peace....

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Getting honest is one third of H.O.W. it works. Honesty, openmindedness and willingness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I found you on Sobriety Society, read your comments about relapse and came over to your blog to see what's up.
    Good for you on getting honest with your sponsor, that's where it begins... Now, get to a meeting every day, stay in touch with that sponsor, read the lit, and ask for help from your HP who/what/wherever he/she/they/it may be!

    I will be praying for you my friend! Come visit my blog sometime if you have a chance...

    peace to you!

    ReplyDelete