Friday, August 11, 2006

Day number 3

Day number 3... Well, I called a whole bunch of people yesterday including my old sponsor. He said something that really unnerved me and kept me up most the night. He said "Maybe you have not hit a bottom. Maybe you should think real hard and see if you had taken your last drink." I was like "Wait a minute now!" So I sat and I thought about it. This morning I had an answer for him. "You know what, I may still have the urge and the obsession, but dammit! I know I belong in AA, and I want to stay sober! Then I asked him if he would be my new sponsor. He said he'd love to work with me again. So there ya have it. I need to call Greg and tell him I am working with someone else.
I feel bad. It's like what Rod said. I care too much about what others think of me... which usually gets me in binds. I am terrified of calling Greg and telling him I found someone else. Even though I know exactly how the convo will go. He will say he hopes he helped me in some way and hopes I stay sober. lol I am an basket case eh? Any how. I would like to call a few people, or at the least one other person and set up a coffee date for this evening before the 8:15 meeting. I need to get better about calling other alcoholics. Well, that being said, yesterday I called all these people, leaving messages left and right, and I felt great! I have even more people in mind who I want to call, but don't have their numbers. So tonight and this weekend, I am on a mission for phone numbers! Well that is really all I've got. I pray for the willingness to be willing, and the strength to pick up that very heavy phone.
Peace...

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the legwork!

    My number is 605-310-6459. Call any time. Leave a message if my phone is shut off or on silent.

    Brad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan. I'm Dave and I'm an alcoholic.
    Keep doing the right things and it will all fall into place. I have linked you on my sidebar and will return often to watch your progress. In other words, I shall Keep Coming Back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daave sent me over. I will also check in to see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jonathan, I am Trudge. Daave sent me.

    ReplyDelete