Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Today I am still grateful

For my son, poor guy.  Got a tummy bug this morning so I had to go pick him up from the day care.

I was thinking about more stuff that annoys me about an unnamed university hospital.

You know, I thought my PTSD I developed while dealing with the staff at the VA was bad enough.  You'd think I wouldn't have to do everyone's job for them, but apparently this is what medicine has become.  Not only do I have to do the nurses job, I apparently also have to do the social worker's job and the registration desks job.

When you write on the sheet that the patient is uninsured, I will get paged in the middle of the night to see them.  That's my job.  My problem is that the registration person wrote: uninsured when in fact they had insurance.  I know, not a big deal and I'm just whining.  Where in deed is the wambalance?

Well, that little mistake means I have to wake up, drive to the hospital, and over all spend about 4 hours of my time working up a patient that ultimately is not my patient, but the other doctor's patient.
So, what have I learned about this experience.  Yes you guessed it.  It was my fault when I asked and trusted the nurse when she told me over the phone the patient's insurance status.  It was my fault when I asked the second and the third time.  It was also my fault I didn't personally call the registration person to verify they put the correct info.

If I spend all day verifying info, however... stuff will never get done!  That's why there are other jobs in the hospital besides doctors...  Ok sorry, just getting this out there cause its annoying when this stuff happens and happens all the darn time!

Still grateful and thankful I get to go to work and then bitch about it.

And I'm grateful for my son.

And my wife.

And my animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment