Monday, September 7, 2015

Mornings with Mommy and son

Did I mention I have a son?

How cool is that.  He is a couple months old now, he smiles, he cries, he shits, and he vomits all over the place.

Looking back now I didn't really know what to expect about being a father.  I thought maybe it would be  ground breaking, like I wouldn't suddenly be this awesome dad, husband, and person.  Somehow becoming a dad was going to be a life changing experience.

You know how all over the internet and book stores you see people posting about how you won't know what it's like being a parent until you do it... you won't understand those sleepless nights... you won't appreciate all the free time you had before... you just don't get it cause you don't have a kid yet.
You know what I'm talking about, right?

My siblings and cousins use to hold the fact that they were parents over me, like some sort of all powerful trophy "I'm better than you".

I'd say that having a kid basically did that one thing.  Now other parents can't look at you and be like - oh you don't know what it's like.  Cause yes I do know what it's like, and let me tell you parents, I disagree with your assessment on being a parent.

I think being a parent is pretty much exactly how I thought it would be.  Hard sometimes, but not ground breaking, and no my wife and I do not need a trophy nor do we need a cookie.

Being a parent is about as easy as this: being responsible.  Shit, I mean, people with 5% of the responsibility of my wife and I are able to be parents, why the hell couldn't we do it?  I'm already trying to knock her up again, but she says it's too much too fast.  She's probably right.  Are life does revolve around the little guy now, and things are harder, we don't get to do all the fun stuff like going to movies, but we still eat out all the time and do pretty much everything else we use to do.  We just lug the screaming baby around with us.  Easy as pie.

I would mention this... omg single people, I do not know how any single mom can have a baby.  The only way, I imagine, is with help.  I mean wow... i just can't wrap my mind around doing this on your own.  Two working parents is doable, that's what we are... but take away one of us and man that shit doesn't seem possible.

Ok, sorry for the rambling post.

Peace

J




No comments:

Post a Comment