Sunday, September 6, 2015

Medicine at the VA - AKA the veteran's administration

Ok, so I'm not sure how to post this without coming across as a bit of a nagger.

I occasionally have to work at the VA in the emergency room for some extra cash here in the glorious midwest USA.

Did I mention I hate the VA?

Yes I am grateful for my job.  But some patients man... just press your buttons

This morning, in the little check box thingy on my computer, I almost filled in the "Reason for admission" as:  Malingering.

Then I thought, no wait I can't do that, try again.  Ok, how about: "Factitious disorder".

Nope, they probably wouldn't like that one either...

Ok, how about: "Antisocial personality disorder", nope can't put that...

Ok, I know:  discharge patient to self.

Good Job me.

J

Today I am grateful that I don't want to be admitted to a hospital and unlike most of my patients I have a home I can go home to.








.


No comments:

Post a Comment