Friday, September 11, 2015

Continuing on...

From the time I get out of my car every morning to when I get into the office ~ 15 minutes or so, I have ample time to get into my head and think about the future and the past, all the awful things that could or could not happen.


If you are in recovery or some other self help program, you've probably heard that this is not a good thing to do!  As a matter of fact, all the stuff I was thinking about is no longer in my head, and it was all silly things. 


Like the following:


I should have said this to them
I should have wrote this note not that one
I should have done this not that
I'm sure someone is going to call me about this or that
What am I going to do about this on Monday
What about that, what about this.
Blah blah blah.




I actually have no idea what I was thinking as I was walking, the point is that none of it was useful and none of stuck.  All it did was get me into a bad mood which is probably why my wife and others think I tend to be more of a negative nancy at time depending on the day.


So I thought, how do you get into a good mood and live in the present?  Well, I already know that answer because I have been at this a good long while.


I remember when I was unemployed, oh the fun I had.  Yea I had no money, no job, no girl, no car, and a shitty apartment...  But what I did have was excellent peace of mind.


I use to read a lot of Buddhist stuff, which I should probably get back into practicing, like mindful walking. 


Mindful walking is an amazing tool you can use when just walking to work.


Here is a link.


Try it out, I know I need to do more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment