Tuesday, January 30, 2007

DAy 149!

Wow, almost 5 months sober! Coolio.

Went to a great meeting yesterday, and heard exactly what I needed to hear. Acceptance is the answer to all of my problems...

Well, today, I don't really feel much like working, and quite honestly, I haven't done shit for work since I got here this morning.

My boss keeps asking me to do things for him, like setup a meeting here, or look at this property there, or some bullshit that get's me off of all the other things I am "supposed" to be doing. So I basically shut down. I don't like being told to do things, and when I resent the company and entire industry to begin with, it's like just asking for disaster. I have hated this industry for the last 2 years...

Ah well. I shall try to ask God to help me be of use to him, and to give me some guidance if it be his will. Lord knows my will ain't working... I will pray, and try to get some work done.

Today I am grateful to be sober. If anything, being sober today is by far my greatest accomplishment, and I will hold on to that truth.

Peace

4 comments:

  1. first I learned to take directions from a sponsor

    God I hated anyone telling me what to do!

    now I willingly take directions from my sponsor who loves me unconditionally

    and now I can accept directions from most anyone unless I know it is going to harm you or me.

    its a process.

    5 months! yaaaaahay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 5 months sober! I think that Christine summed it all up. Is there any way you can talk to your boss about this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! rome wasnt built in a day you know! 'the only instant thing in aa is the coffee' as they say. jeez, youre only 149 days for gawds sakes. theres a few more days to go before you get to being a spritual giant ;) I'm STILL lousy at being told what to do.. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your time. What industry are you in exactly?

    ReplyDelete