Friday, January 26, 2007

Day 145

Day 145!

And still counting, yes indeed it is true; I am still sober. After hearing Sandy B. share on Tuesday night about our egos and how our ego keeps us from our "HP", I have been trying on a daily basis to ask my HP to remove my ego and allow me to be of service to others. Like constantly while I am at work, I am kinda sorta talking to myself, it's kind of comical.

And it has worked to an extent. I have had a few busy days and have gotten some good work done. I still don't like my job, and I still want to do something different. Beside just changing jobs, I have ideas for my own business... nothing new there, and nothing worth dwelling on here. Just want to write it down.;

I saw my cousin Brian last night, drove out to pick him up for dinner, and took him out to eat some sushi. We shot the shit for a bit (rhymes!) and then I took him back to the hotel. Brian has a couple ideas of what he wants to do. He is passionate about "green" technologies and environmental tech... very smart guy, and I hope he really follows his passions. He seems to be the one person in my family who thinks of what he wants to do, and then goes and does it. I think of things and never do it, well, have not without alcohol that is.

Pretty much it's just me an my insecurities! No surprise there. Regardless, I have ideas and plans to make a change soon, within the next 4 months I hope... maybe I am being too wishful, but we shall see.

Today I am grateful for

My job
My kitty cats
My house
My mom...
My brother
My family
My sister
My dad
My friends
My life
Sandy B. for just being there

2 comments:

  1. EGO- easing God out.... Amazing how I am the one that blocks the sunlight of God's spirit from myself, and most of the time I dont even realize I am doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ego will destroy us. To recognize it is the beginning to some freedom -- thank goodness for that thing called to 12 steps!

    ReplyDelete