Friday, January 12, 2007

Day 131!

Day 131!

I don't believe I have any great insites or any great quotes to reveal to you all. I had a wonderful day yesterday, and a pretty darn good day today. My mind is at ease. That is funny too, because at 4:00, my boss and I have a meeting with the Regional President, and usually that sort of thing terrifies me, exspecially when we no she is going to be sorely dissapointed in some of the news we may bring.

Today, I am in this weird state of happiness where my thoughts are happy even though there is some sense of foreboding in that future meeting. Kind of like I know it could suck but really isn't that big of a deal. Ya know??

However, I must admit I was in a shitty mood most of the week. Generally because I get in my head, and think about the future, the past and the inbetween. It is sooo hard folks, I have been a pretty negative, pessimistic person since highschool. I am not sure how to reverse that. Turn it all over to my HP? I mean, maybe I am not praying as much as I should. Maybe I need to think more on that plane of existance with my HP more often.

Well, regardless, today is a good day, and even if it was a crappy day, I am grateful to be alive today, and sober.

I feel like I am getting a little more connected in with friends and such, which is new to me. I have been invited to hang out this weekend with a fellow AA, so that is kind of cool. My fearful self tells me not to reach out, but I do anyhow, and because of that, things will and do get better. I look forward to a fun filled weekend of hanging out with friends and doing service work.

Today I am grateful for:

My family
My job
My life
My kittie cats
My friends
My stuff
My health
Being sober
Not drinking for 131 days!
Cool!
Being Sober!
Still breaking my personal sobriety records!
Ok, ok, I need to get excited about every now and then or I will forget.

I am grateful...

5 comments:

  1. Happy 131 dayth!

    Processing emotions are tricky. It would be a perfect workd if we could think our emotions right. That is not the case. So as you are doing, action will tame such emotions. Connecting with those in the program will alter our state of mind and emotions.

    hAAppy fridAAy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you're sober 131 days first of all. Second of all, I am glad you're feeling light hearted. Third of all,I am glad that today, you're wearing the world like a loose garment! Finally, i am glad you're making connections in AA. If we are to stay sober, be contented and grow, I really believe we need other people in recovery, in our lives! Good for you J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how to reverse negativity?
    practice practice practice

    How wonderful to break your own records---so happy you are sober

    ReplyDelete