Monday, January 1, 2007

Day 120 ;) Happy New Year!

Day 120! Wow!

Today, it is a rainy, dreary day. Yesterday I felt irritable, restless and discontent. I imagine it could have something to do with it being new years and all of the fun I perceived "normal" people to be having... drinking and all. I maybe even entertained the thought for a moment, and then realized how insane my thinking was.

I said out loud... "I am irritable, restless, and discontent!" I almost had to laugh that I realized that I was in a bad mood! In the past, those feelings would probably have led me to the liquor store. Last night it led me safely back to the comfort of my bed... where I went to sleep to start a new day, today, sober, one more day at a time. Life is so simple, I hate it when my own brain get's in the way.

Any how, that's all I've got.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the old I.R.D's are hard. I am glad that you handled it so well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Jonathan! I'm glad you are sane enough now to realize when your thinking is insane. ;) Quite a step forward from where you were 120 days ago, isn't it?! And mucho congratulations on the 120 days, too!! I'm right behind you, bud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year my friend! I was feeling might bitchy and crabby on New Years Day as well. So, I know where you're coming from. great job on recognizing and not letting it get you too insane!

    ReplyDelete