Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Today was a grande day in Broadripple

I think I spelled that correctly... any whoo. I met Nick's fiance tonight. Nick invited me to Bdubbs or better known as buffalo wild wings in broadripple. We sat at the bar for about 2 hours and just had an awesome time. Nick drank his beers and I drank my diet coke. His fiance was absolutely wonderful behind the bar. Very cool girl.

Nick and I just talked and talked about the good ol' days. He went to school with me for a few years, and pledged the same fraternity as I did... I totally forget sometimes all of the stuff that happened. With him there tonight, I was able to remember some more of the good times I totally seem to forget about! I was like... "wholly shit!" I totally forgot about that night! Or the relationships we had between different guys and the whole group of guys we pledged with. Man, the flood gates were open tonight and the memories just poured out. I can't believe how I forget how much Nick was apart of my youth and into my early 20s... I mean, he was there for some MAJOR memories.

Awesome... just so incredibly awesome. Not only were we bonding over the old stuff, but we were talking away about the new stuff. He asked if I had a sponsor in the program. I said yes but didn't go to far into the AA stuff. Not my place to even go there... but what is really cool, is that I am an example to him and my other friends if they ever decide they have a problem. I know one or two may have an issue, but that is not my call.

I also think I learned this week how everything is still here. Most of the people that are here, probably aren't moving any time soon. I REALLY enjoyed staying at Lynda's house. Her son is flying out here in July, so I plan on returning during the intermission of the summer sessions. I just can't get over how much fun I had hanging with the guys and being sober while doing it. It was like I was finally myself, comfortable in my own skin. My friends are super awesome people... just awesome to get in some face time with the folks that know me from way back when we were little!

That is allllll I have for now! I am flying out in the afternoon at the new Indianapolis Airport!

Peace out...

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment