Monday, March 9, 2009

Carmel



I miss my house...



Pretty cool though how Google had a better pic than I could take with my cell phone!

Today I am going to see two old acquantences... Two girls I haven't seen in probably 10 years. We are doing lunch. Not sure how I feel about it, but these two girls were the original original crew from like... 9th grade. I hung out with them that year and had a crush on one of them. I think it was my first ever crush. Wait a sec... probably had a crush on both. But any way, they are girls, still friends after all these years, just like Chad and I. Chad is headed to Muncie today, so I am gonna go over and meet them for lunch. Megan said... "just like old times". Haha, not quite. Megan has 2 kids... and Tracy is married. But, it will be like old times in that it's just us three. I have fond memories of those days in ninth grade. Megan was the first girl I got the nerve up to talk to. She was also the first girl I never asked out when I should have. You know, that first chick you were just too scared to get rejected from, so you just avoided the rejection and stayed friends?

Awesome... awesome life lessons.

One thing I always wondered... would I have married someone from highschool if I had stayed? All my friends from here seem to hook up with someone we graduated with... and its random too, people in different groups of friends totally married. I think knowing so many people from highschool, you'd run into them more and randomily have more chances to date due to the ice-breaker "Hey! I went to high school with you! Remember that time when...".

Just saying... Although, I think moving away has its benefits too. I think you get much more growth living away... you are challenged to make new friends and meet new people. I think... we will never know will we, which is better and which is worse. You'd have to go back and live it all over... which we can't do can we?

I had a few cool ideas for a website today. Was thinking of possibly making some sort of help website for chemistry. I had trouble finding anything online for my class, so I though... why not make one myself and help others!

I am still super stoked to get home. I am really enjoying Indiana though. Last night it was poker till midnight at a local pub and then a movie back at Chad's till three in the morning. Just like old times except I am sober! It is interesting... and I find bars completely boring. The poker made it more fun than it would have been. Chad has not changed one bit... especially with the fact that he stays up till 4:00am and smokes cigerettes in his house.

Him and his girl freaking smoked cigs in the room I was sleeping in with the door shut.... I was like... what are you all doing in there. Then I realized they were smoking in there so the rest of the apt didnt smell. They were like "oh, sorry, didn't realize this is where your sleeping". Yea... thanks guys! Haha, its cool. I expect no less from Chad. Just like old times... smoking cigs and keeping my ass awake way to late.

Not sure what we are doing tonight... just trying to stay in the moment and out of my head so I can enjoy these moments while being there for him. (his dad just died)


Welp... thats all for now...

Peace out

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment