Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Creativity

I don't think I am very creative... I can never think of anything really interesting to say on here beside just reporting what is going on with me for the day.

Hmmm..

I miss Tampa... look forward to being home. I am happy to be sober today. I feel good that I have never ditched any of my friends for a girl yet, that I stuck around the rooms regardless of how busy I was or who I was dating. I am glad I do not get pre-occupied with other people and remain focused on staying sober.

I had a few friends that have occasionally dropped off the face of the planet. Looking at these folks it is interesting... a couple guy friends and girl friends both. It really brings to mind some dangerous behaviors which seem to always take folks out. Either that or they are just a mess emotionally. I have this one friend that always calls me... and it is so sad... but they are like always talking about "poor me" "screw her" or "I hate so and so"... I am like... dude, grow up. I don't appreciate you trash talking anyone. Even if I don't particularly like someone, I don't ever say the words "I hate so-and-so." Hatred is one of those character defects I think... and totally says more about you then the person it is directed at!

So smile... :)

Basically, bottom line... they alienate themselves... and I don't it often, but they aren't growing spiritually... they are going BACKWARD! So I talk to them less. Poor guy won't learn, but he seems to take all the advice from the rooms and disgard it and do it HIS way. Not cool... I don't appreciate friends that act like junior high schoolers... One of my friends tells me people will slowly disappear from the rooms as we get more years in sobriety... people you get sober with slowly go away.

You know, I don't ask for much. To be my frend, all you really need to do is occassionally call me, ocassionally hang out with me, and don't be a selfish dick or dueche bag. Not calling and not going to meetings, and then suddenly showing back up... ONCE, is ok. I will give you chance... sometimes more than one. Do it multiple times? That makes you a dueche bag and a dick, and slowly but surely I learn that you won't change. I think I have two guy friends currently working on dueche bag status.

Stick with the winners..

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment