Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Leaving Indiana

Headed home today.

I feel like the trip was a success. Really have no complaints about it. It was however taxing to hang out with one of my friends. He seems to not have changed much from high school and there was a bit of just pure boredom in the air when we were together. It totally brought me back man... that was just how I remember it! lol... Oh lordy, why we hang with those we do I do not know.

I really had fun at Luke's place and with Nick. I also thought it was pretty fabulous seeing the old haunts and places I use to see day after day for 10 years. I miss home. I wish my parents had laid down some damn roots and stayed. But that wasn't meant to be I guess. I think after seeing home again it makes me feel that leaving home was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. My manerisms and personality would not have grown and changed as they have over the past 5 years if I had returned to Indiana. Just sitting with Nick last night, and watching him throw in a big fat chew made me feel that old desire to fit in and be one of the guys. I told him that. And kinda speculated at that time how I would have turned out. I thought if I had stayed, I wouldn't have been able to stay sober or quit tabaco. Not with buddies that still drank and smoked and dipped all the time. Nick and I had a laugh about it.

He asked if I wanted one and I kindly decined. :)

The C-Family are certainly the most awesome family in Carmel. I can't say how much they make me feel at home. It was almost like it is my home. I stayed there often growing up and it seems to me to be the only place where I can go and everything is still the same.

Just killing time at the moment, chilling in the Indianapolis Airport.

Barry is picking my ass up today in the afternoon. I am eternally grateful for him and the other friends I now return to.

Feeling grateful for:

Scifi
Books
The moon
The Future

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all that.
    Just another example of how our journey happens just the way it's supposed to.

    ReplyDelete