Thursday, January 15, 2009

Leatherhead, Surrey England

I am in England at the moment! Not sure I have much time to type much but I shall try! Lets see here.,.

My mom left yesterday. The whole time she was here, every night, she drank at least 4 if not more glasses of wine. I am sure she is one of us, but naturally it is for her to decide and not me. I had fun regardless. It was annoying to see her personality go from nerotic in the day time to happy go lucky in the evening. At one point she was convinced that I was going to make millions doing the rubiks cube with my feet.

Anywhoo... like a good alchi, she left early on Wednesday to "take care of stuff" back home. Which basically means she was uncomfortable being away from home. I know that feeling. Today however, I can enjoy being in the moment and being in new settings like you wouldn't believe. I am happy regardless it seems... from Honduras, to Belize, to Tampa, and then to London. It all is the same... All new places but the same person experiencing it all.

I think I appreciate home the more time I spend away from it. I love it here. The family I am staying with is beyond sincere and in to the realm of saints. I feel nothing but graciousness for their hospitality. They have treated me like I am a cousin coming home for a visit. Very cool. Every night I have enjoyed. Furthermore, the whole family is really enjoying my company. I thought it would just be Bill and I having the fun, but no... his son and wife both really seem to be enjoying my stay. Its gotten to the point now where his son wants to stay up late, play on the ps3, get on facebook, or go out with us out on the town... past his bed time, to hangout with the silly american.

Anywhooo, I saw my friend Kristine,, from Indiana... she is great. Actually knew more about London than Bill did. She played the part of tour guide. Today I am off to see Mimi in London... she is cool, and I look forward to spending another day in the City... experiencing it on my own and with a friend. It seems life is all about our social relationships and being apart of rather than apart from. I see that more and more as I go from place to place and meet new people, at home and abroad.

School starts in a few days. I look forward to it. I was thinking of delaying taking the mcat for two months so I don't self destruct this semester... The more I think about it, the better the idea sounds.... The path to Medical School is there, just need to take it at a good pace so I don't over do it. Take it easy so I can experience life instead of obsess over success. Anyway... I think that is a good idea... relax a bit. Well... relax is a relative word... school is ALOT of work... 80 hours a week atleast. Adding the MCAT on top of that is nearly impossible...

It is a beautiful cloudy, windy, slightly wet day here in England! I believe it is almost time to go to the train station, so I am off!

Life aint too bad today. I still have no complaints. I have met many good people here, and plan to return soon!

Today I am grateful and thankful

Jonathan

1 comment: