Thursday, November 29, 2007

Second Cousin!

Interesting 12 step work yesterday...

My Aunt called me from Baltimore Maryland, and shared with me that my Second Cousin called his mom, (my Aunt's Cousin), and said that he couldn't stop doing the drugs and needed help!

He is 20 years old and in College right now.

So yea, this is the first time that someone else in my family, has come out with their disease and admitted they needed help! I was so happy, yet sad too, cause I didn't know he had a problem. But doesn't that sound familiar to some of us?!

So I called him up and encouraged him to go to some meetings, and shared with him what works for me. I also said that I'd love to hit a few meetings with him when I get up there in a few weeks for Christmas!

On another note, I am sick... not flu sick, more like cold sick. And that sucks, but I think I am almost through it. It has me down though, kinda depressed, cause I just feel sick, and that is no fun! So I am trying to stay positive, but it is hard, cause I just feel like sleeping all day.

That's what people told me I should do to get better, but it makes me feel lazy and worthless!! Just sharing how I feel... any how, I think I should probably call my sponsor and complain to him, I am sure he will put me in my place! ;)

Today I am grateful!

J

2 comments:

  1. Try not to feel worthless whenever you're doing the next right thing -- as in taking care of yourself.
    What would you tell a friend or a sponsee to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and did he? Your sponsor put you in place? Hope you are feeling well today.

    What a miracle to be able to share ESH with your cousin. I have a nephew and a fw nieces I'd love if you could call.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete