Thursday, July 31, 2008

Halllo!

What is up? Nothing much here! Tonight, I went to my martial arts class, then I went to the Thursday Night Speaker meeting, and then I went out to have dinner with a group of my guy friends in AA! Awesome!

Then I came home, and promptly cracked open this uber book called "There's more to quitting drinking than quitting drinking." By Dr. Paul O.

Very nice, just getting into the spirit... ya know? That calm place... no unhappiness to speak of. I find that the spiritual books, AA and budhist, really help with quietting the mind. Anyhow, I found a passage and thought I would type it out!

On page 54... sounds like it's from the big book... but whatever:

"All my problems today are thinking problems. I don't even have a problem unless I think I do. If I think I have a problem, I have a problem; if I don't think I have a problem, I don't have a problem. Never have I thought I had a problem and been wrong."

So... this is interesting, and I keep on reading things, over and over again. I am rereading this budhist book for the third time, and also obviously reread the big book all the time. I find that as I go throughout my day, and a thought enters my head... it's different today then it was 3 years ago. Its just so cool isn't it? Do you know what I mean?

Jonathan

Today I am grateful...

For my cats
My mom
My sister
My brother
My dad
My family
My friends
Sobriety
Serenity
The calmness...

2 comments:

  1. calmness...

    new thoughts...

    sounds like recovery.

    Happy you are still here.

    Have you found Emmet Fox yet? You might enjoy the read.

    ReplyDelete