Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ramblings... Day # 679


Life is good today. This is a picture I took while I was in New York City a month ago!!! NYC was on my list of things I need to go do before I die! So I went up there by myself, and wondered around the city! I went up to the Hospital in New Port Richey to shadow a doctor friend in the program. It went awesome. He is being a real big help to me as well. He said he would try to get me in to see some surgeries in the O.R.! I was scared at first, to actually call him and say "hey! Can I come hang out with you at your job?" But he was really cool about it, and you know, it turned out to be all right. No worries.

On top of that, I met with another guy who is an Oncologist, and he kinda gave me his experience over some coffee at the "bucks". I have been really busy over the last week with a couple family members in town... and of course the fourth of July week was there, and it all kind of ran together, and now I am just beat.

I am glad that it is Sunday night, and all of my friends have come over for another successful sober evening at my house. We watched "Shrooms" a scary "b" movie... based on doing shrooms in Ireland and some wierd stuff going down. Pretty cheezy... but hey, we are still super cool and we know it!

Ah, ummmm... called my mom this morning, she was still in bed at eleven A.M. and she said she would call me back, but she did not. I am worried about her. I think she is slipping into insanity... not sure if it includes alcohol or drugs or both, but I am worried none the less. But there is nothing I can do but be there if she REALLY truly asks for help... and stops living in denial.

My cats are truly beuatiful girls. I am happy to have them with me. I need to study, as chemistry is totally getting harder. So with that, I am off to finish my lab paper!

Today I am grateful to be sober, and ALIVE!




Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment